Today I finally decided it was time to write down a typical car ride with Stratton so that when he is older he can understand what it was like to have him as a child. All of these questions were asked in the course of driving home from his swimming lesson today, so maybe 15 minutes total.
Why does doing my arms slower make me go faster?
Why was that little girl crying instead of swimming?
Where is that truck going?
Why are there cones on the road?
Why are they fixing the road?
How do roads get broken?
How do they fix roads?
Why are bulldozers and graders yellow?
Why is that grader green?
Can heavy equipment be red?
Can it be brown?
Can it be white?
Why is Daddy at work?
Why is Daddy a dentist?
Why do so many bears live in Alaska?
Why is it a good habitat for bears?
How can it be a good habitat for bears when there isn't any honey? (We favor the Winnie the Pooh interpretation of bears, apparently)
What do bears eat?
What kind of bears eat honey?
What kind of bear did we see in Denali?
Why do they eat blueberries?
Do they eat our blueberries in our blueberry patch?
Why do they eat ground squirrels?
Don't ground squirrels taste bad?
How long will you be at the post office with the baby? (One of his classic questions that make no sense at all....eventually I figured out he meant how long would I be at the hospital when I have the baby)
When will the baby come?
How will the baby come?
What day exactly will the baby come?
Why do you have to go to the hospital for the baby?
Why do we go to Grandma's when the baby is born?
When we had Cassidy and she jumped out of the truck did we have to go back and look for her? (This questions is referring to Brigg's and my first dog and an incident that happened over a year before Stratton was even born)
Why did she jump out?
Why did her leg get hurt?
What did it hit that hurt it?
Did it get better?
Why does the newspaper come in the morning and the mail come in the afternoon?
What are we going to do this afternoon?
At that point, we FINALLY pulled into the garage. I love my child who is dying to know everything about the world, but the constant onslaught of questions can be exhausting, especially since he seems to have inherited my own random trains of thought. I have no idea how I will answer them all as he gets older, and Dash asks almost as many. But at least now I have written down a single 15 minute period of his questions so that he will understand why his mom went deaf by his 7th birthday.
7/15/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment