4/4/10

Rollercoaster

The boys at Nelson Kennedy Ledges
This moving thing is not for me. I feel completely worn out, and the actual move is still 43 days away. Not that we are counting, but I AM counting down to getting a good night's sleep again. Every night I feel like it is a battle to get my brain to stop going over every detail and every little thing I need to remember to pack or address that needs changing or place I need to go. I truly do not envy insomniacs, because it is miserable! At the beginning of this week, it felt like light was breaking. We made some major progress on a few fronts that we have been waiting on and things seemed to be looking up. A woman at Costco even told me I had the nicest boys she'd seen. Yes, that is all it takes for me to have a good day. Things kept going well, and then they just didn't. I feel stalled again! And lately it doesn't take much frustration for me to feel completely defeated. Up and down, up and down! I guess the one advantage is to know that there must be an up ahead. I keep trying to remember to take things one step at a time and enjoy our last few weeks in our first home as a real family with the boys, but my brain just can't help racing ahead. Maybe this week. Or at least maybe one day this week. I am trying to be realistic.

Dashell running away from Stratton at the Arboretum
On the plus side, the boys are doing great. Dashell is perfecting teasing his brother. He is constantly taking a favorite toy and running away, laughing so hard he can't walk straight. And no matter how many times it happens, it still gets to Stratton every time. Stratton is loving the warmer weather and both boys are campaigning to live outside all day, every day. Stratton continually surprises me with what he is learning and what he remembers and is counting the days until we move, too. I think we will all breathe a little easier on the other side of graduation. But until then, I think we are still in for quite a ride.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Elledges said...

The waiting is killing me... its nearly as bad as waiting for labor that last month.

Cristine said...

I agree moving is stressful and you guys have a huge move compared to any we have done! I recommend sleeping with a notepad by your bed...really. Because I do that too during packing. I stay awake thinking of what I have to do the next day for the move, etc. and then I can't sleep but if I write it down then I can usually go to sleep. :)Good luck!