4/18/10

The Best Laid Plans...

We were supposed to be in Alaska this week looking for a house, but we are still here in Cleveland. Just another change in plans! Monday Dashell started to get a fever and it just got higher and higher. He was getting up to 105 at night and we were doing everything to keep him cool. The doctor said we needed to wait and see if it was roseola or something different, and we were hoping that the fever would break and he would be fine so that we could fly on Friday. But although he was improved, he wasn't fine. So here we are in Cleveland with one SUPER grumpy baby who is going back to the doctor tomorrow and a little boy who still doesn't know that we aren't going. He has had a bag packed for Alaska since Christmas, and we had finally told him that we were going to go again and now he will have to wait a few more weeks with the rest of us. This week he kept telling me, "Mom, I love Alaska. I think Grandma and Granddad will be happy to see me when I'm a good boy." But, Brigg has finished all of his requirements to graduate and had already taken the days off of clinic, so we are going to try and get ahead on some packing and get in a few more fun things in the area. It makes things with the move a little more uncertain, but we have 3 weeks after they pick up our stuff before it makes it to Fairbanks, so we will just be working fast in May!
Stratton has been so funny this week. The older he gets, the funnier I think it is to hear what is going on in his little head. This week our schedule was a little off with Dashell being sick, so a couple of nights we let him watch a few minutes of The Fantastic Mr. Fox with us. We finished watching it together last night, and at the very very end, Mr. Fox turns on his little Walkman and they all start dancing- as much as stop-motion animated woodland animals can dance. Stratton was sitting on the couch and said in the most genuine little voice, "Wow, I wish I'd done that." I asked him if he meant their dance moves, and he said, "Yeah. I like them dancing. I wish I'd thought of that." I told him he could dance like that if he wanted to, and when we were saying bedtime prayers he prayed to learn to dance like the foxes. If any of you have ever seen his dance moves, you know he doesn't have too far to go. At least he has a goal! Dashell, before he got sick, has discovered playgrounds are his job. He takes playing with all the equipment very seriously. He could be hired as playground quality control. We can't leave a park until he has tested and approved everything there. He has alot of fun, but in a very serious, business like way. I just wish he's get back to being that headstrong little boy who doesn't live in my lap. Now on to another unpredictable week ahead.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: