5/24/11
A Good Day
Yesterday(Tuesday) was a good day. Just a normal, good day. Sometimes those can feel rare and shiny when summer is just arriving. Brigg had been gone for 3 days at the beginning of the week, and it felt like forever. So we were glad he didn't have to work yesterday...at least not work at being a dentist. We didn't do anything too special, but it still felt like a really good day. We put a load of topsoil on the garden and rototilled it in, stopped and had lunch at Bun on the Run, and took the dogs to a pond to go swimming in the afternoon. Well, to be more accurate, we took Zeus swimming and Piper dipped her toes in. The contrast between the two dogs is very funny. And to top it all off, I got the bathrooms cleaned, finally stitched together the pieces I had cut out for a hoodie for Stratton and the turkeys are getting close to moving outside. It's amazing how getting a few jobs done that have been waiting can make you feel better. I don't think I mentioned before that we got turkeys. We have 5 turkeys that we are raising this summer, and they have been quite a funny addition to the family. Piper is obsessed. She gets all shaky just looking at them. I think their outside pen will have to be reinforced to keep her out more than to keep them in. It's been fun for the boys to watch the birds getting bigger and their chick fluff being replaced by feathers. Now that the leaves are finally popping out on the trees and the days are warm, lets hope there are many more good days like this one ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment