2/18/11
Stratton Stories
Stratton has been keeping us thoroughly entertained this last week. He is growing up so quickly, but he still very much his own little man. He has a new joke. Jokes have been a tricky area for him. His two favorite jokes are " Fred Meyers" and " Do you know what dinosaurs are? Extinct!" On the way to preschool yesterday, he debuted his new joke that he had obviously been formulating for some time. He asked me " Mom, what would you say if you saw a horse with antlers?" He had to repeat this question a couple of times because I had no idea what he was trying to say. Finally I said, " I don't know Stratton. What would you say?" Stratton said, " Silly mom! Horses don't have antlers!" At least we are getting warmer. He also came into our room in the middle of the night 2 nights ago crying because he said his bed wouldn't stop shaking. Brigg put him back to bed and was a little short with him, telling him that his bed wasn't shaking and to just go to sleep. I thought it was a strange excuse, even for Stratt, so the next morning I checked and we had had an earthquake right when he woke up. Brigg felt pretty bad about having not believed him and had to go and apologize to him over breakfast for not believing him. I also had my first preschool parent teacher conference for him. He is doing great, but one comment his teacher made is that he will not dance at preschool for love or money. For any of you who have been around Stratton and music, you should know he has some serious moves and dances all the time. On the way home, I asked him why he wouldn't dance at preschool. He told me, " Mom, there isn't enough room for my moves with all those other people." He does have a point. I think he is set on remaining a solo performer. Today, I didn't really have anywhere we needed to go and wanted to stay home and get some work done, but that can be a hard sell for the boys. I talked to Stratton about it this morning and he told me, " Well, I guess it's okay if you will do lots of art projects with me." We had to do some serious negotiating on how many "alot" was. But we have had a great day together painting fish and rainbows and shoveling the snow outside. I'm not sure the dump truck brigade made shoveling the walk go any faster, but they were good company!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is the best response to not dancing at school!!! I only wish Gabriella's excuse was as good.
Post a Comment