12/8/10

Decorating the Tree

Putting on the star....twice, so that both boys can do it. Doesn't everyone put their star on multiple times?
Stratton was so excited to decorate this year, he could hardly stand it. We got our tree Saturday and decorated Sunday, but he kept sneaking ornaments out of the box and putting them on the tree early. We had told him we would decorate after church Sunday, and he had run in, changed into play clothes and started pulling out the decorations before the rest of us were even out of the car. I guess he has hit his peak Christmas years for sure this time!
Dashell got into it as well, although he wasn't quite as intense as his older brother about the whole thing. He can hang the same ornament 9 or 10 times in different places and feel equally pleased with the result.

It was fun to have the kids really get into it and help this year. Christmas gets better and better as they get a little older each year.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Last year, Julie was great with the tree. She'd feel it, but was somewhat timid and didn't really pull things off. I thought maybe I'd gotten lucky. Nope. This year I have ornaments strewn all over the house.