10/8/10

To My Boys

To Dashell:
Welcome back, my little man! After last week, I was worried that the grumpy dwarf had come back to stay, but I guess we have chased him away again. Thank goodness! You are such a charming and mischievous little boy, I would hate to only see your sense of humor and fun occasionally. I love your total enthusiasm for life. The older you get, the more convinced I am that you could hardly wait to get started on your life. It's like you are worried you won't have time for all the fun you plan on having. And as you get older and more coordinated, I just wanted to tell you how much I will miss your little half jumps that you do when you are excited. And I may even miss it when you stop adding "-y" to the end of every single word that comes out of your mouth. It makes it seem so much less serious when you tell me you fell "downy" and got "hurty". And the roads will be much emptier without all the truckys, carys, dumpys, bikeys, and mooseys you see.
To Stratton:
I cannot believe that I am old enough to have a 4 year old. You have turned into such a sweet little boy. You still run in high gear, but you are thoughtful and considerate, most of the time, and are a great friend. I love our conversations and how hard you try to help Dashell and me. Not to say you don't have bad days, but your good ones more than make up for it. You are a constant surprise. This week, I am especially proud of you getting all your winter gear on by yourself every time, and writing your name all by yourself. Don't worry. The other things you are working on will come.

No comments: