This past weekend we decided to take advantage of Brigg's day off from the clinic and make our first attempt at camping with two little boys. We had a wonderful time and learned alot. First, there is nothing graceful about getting in and out of tent with a baby. Second, Dashell is the sweetest baby around until he is been in his car seat for over two hours. Then his sweetness runs out. Third, when sleeping in a tent, little boys must stay in constant contact with their mom at all costs. So I shared half the tent with Stratton and Dashell, and Brigg enjoyed as much space as he wanted on the other side. And in case you think I'm exaggerating, at 2 am one night, I tried to roll over and Stratton woke up and said, "No mama, look at Stratton!" Just what I wanted to hear! Actually, both boys did great and Stratton kept telling me that he likes camping...a good thing to hear, because he's going to be doing a lot more of it!
Stratton learned that you can throw rocks in pretty places just as well as in ugly ones. And he likes bridges. Alot. We drove down to Hocking Hills and loved it. Because it was still April, there were hardly and people there, and because April weather is unpredictable here, it was 85 degrees! Piper loved all the time she got to run around in the woods off her leash and was probably the most disappointed to come home.
We also found out that the filmakers for Lord of the Rings could have saved a whole lot of money...they didn't have to go to New Zealand! Just Ohio. Slightly less exotic, perhaps but definitely more cost effective. And this bridge was already there! We had a great time and were pleasantly surprised by the boys resilience. I think we ae going to try again, but we may have to wait until the fall. The summers here are too hot for small boys!
5/1/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love the pictures, what a gorgeous place to camp. I wish that we could get some 85 degree weather out here.
You're my hero!
You're brave! I'm still nervous to camp with only one, but we are planning on it this summer. Although I have thought a warm trailer with a potty may be a good investment :) I know, sissy camping, but I think of it more as mommy camping.
Wow. You survived a camping trip. I am in awe!
Post a Comment