3/30/12

Birthday #3 for Dashell

Remember how I mentioned how much Dashell LOVED the chainsaw he got for Christmas? Even before he got the chainsaw and was still using wooden spoons as his chainsaws, he had requested a chainsaw cake for his birthday. I know it isn't perfect, but I'm just proud of myself for coming up with something remotely resembling his favorite Husqvarna.

We celebrated his birthday on New Year's Eve this year, and I think we may continue that for at least a couple more years. He loved having fireworks for his birthday.

He kind of felt like this was the first birthday he had ever had because last year we just put a candle in a Christmas cookie and he couldn't remember before that. He was soooo excited to get to have a birthday and had to be reminded a couple of times that all of the presents were for him...that had never happened to him before! I even talked him into wearing my favorite clothes for him because he was so excited he was less opinionated about his clothing than normal. 
 

Now he is my great big Sunbeam and ready for anything. Since his birthday he keeps asking how long until he is the same age as Stratton, only he thinks he can somehow catch up and they will be the exact same age at some point. 

Here is Pilot enjoying his first New Year. He just loved being in the middle of all the action and smiling at anyone who will look at him. 

Here he is trying out some of the next size up snow pants and furry hat. Poor baby has to put up with his Dad dressing him in all kinds of funny outdoor gear.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: