3/9/10

Do you hear the word that I am saying?

A few weeks ago, Stratton was having a hard time listening and was helping himself to some brownies. I told him "No" several times and finally said, "Can you hear what I'm saying? No!" He promptly responded, "Do you hear the word that I am saying? Yes!" That pretty much sums up how the last couple weeks have felt. It feels like the more we try to push ahead with things for the move, the more it pushes back! But if moving to Alaska and having a 3 year old boy can't teach us patience, nothing can. Brigg didn't get much of a Spring Break since his WREBs overlapped with the school's break, but we were able to do a few fun things.
We played in all the snow ALOT. Stratton really likes playing in the snow now and built his first full size snowman and fort with his Dad's help in the backyard. He was very proud of his construction projects!
We also went on a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley train for their Food Drive. Stratton enjoyed it most, but we all enjoyed a nice, relaxing morning.
Dashell has been into all kinds of trouble. I love this face. "What are you looking at Mom? It's like you think I've done something naughty." His first artistic endeavors all over his face are just the beginning. He continues to have a fiery temper, but he makes up for it with quite the sense of humor and love of life- I really think he insisted on being born for Christmas because he couldn't bear to miss the party! He follows Piper around saying "Puppy" in his growly man-baby voice and makes all of us laugh.
Dash also had his first haircut. I resisted as long as possible because little boys look so much older after their first haircut, but I finally gave in after he started getting knots in his baby mullet. He liked going to the indoor water park that we went to one day to get out of the house, but Stratton was much more cautious this year over last. Maybe he won't be as reckless as I thought! Stratton continues to keep us laughing. He talks non-stop about everything. He told his friend's mom during preschool that he wanted to be a robot when he grows up. He talks abut everything he sees (and doesn't see) in the car and just the other morning when I asked him if he wanted some of Dash's eggs he told me, " Sometimes when I don't like eggs, I do." Not clear on what that means. We are glad to be on the other side of WREBs and grateful that they went as smoothly as they did for Brigg. It was one more major step forward. I am so proud of Brigg. He has worked so hard to become a great dentist!We are loving our little boys and the adventures that go with them. We just wish we were a little closer to the next big adventure. The stack of boxes in Dash's room is growing, but we don't have anywhere to send them yet!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Krystell said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Good luck, and hope that things will move forward so that you aren't too overwhelmed. Your family is growing....and I haven't even seen your kids yet?!! What in the world....!? Enjoy them =0)

The Johnsons said...

Okay-when did Dashell get so big. Seriously we need to see you guys more often. Love the pictures, love the boys.