I was going to do a post about decorating our Christmas tree, but none of the pictures I took while we were decorating turned out blurry. Probably too much chaos! Everyone was blurred from moving all over the place. So instead, I thought that I would write a short ode to a stuffed animal who has been a part of our lives for over 3 years. Stratton has been inseperable from this little stuffed dog since he was only 8 or 9 weeks old. He always sleeps with it and used to take it everywhere with him. And yes,it really is as gross as it looks. Runs through the laundry hardly seem to make a difference anymore.
For almost three years, we have only known Stratton's faithful companion as "Dog". Short, simple and to the point. It seemed to be all the name he needed. But Stratton is getting older and now feels the need to give Dog a new name. Now, instead of Dog, he is always looking for "Booger Dog" or sometime just "Booger". I hope Dog doesn't feel that his dignity and signifigance in Stratton's life are diminished by his new title. If anything, he should be honored. I think that for a 3 year old boy to call something "Booger" is a true sign of love. And thank goodness that the only things they get to name are stuffed animals!

2 comments:
Aw, that Dog looks remarkably similar to the Doggie I couldn't part with as a child. Such fun memories. I'm glad you haven't tossed Dog to the garbage just yet.
(unrelated, our favorite Megan O. gets married in less than two weeks!)
Gabriella and Stratton must be related. Doll is still "Doll" and her bear is still "Bear." I can't wait for the day that she finds a permanent name for them...should be entertaining. She does give everyone a funny look whenever they ask her her doll's name. Isn't every doll just named "doll"?
Post a Comment