1/20/09

Our New President

I watched the inauguration this morning with the boys, not wanting to miss participating in this historic event in some small way. I though that President Obama gave an amazing inaugural speech and definitely renewed my patriotic spirit. I don't think Stratton quite got the message, though. I tried to explain to him that we were watching our new president and asked him if he knew who the president was. I was surprised when he said yes, so I asked him who it was and he said "Santa". I thought that maybe he thought I was saying 'presents' instead of president, so I tried to clarify that they were different and pointed out President Obama on the screen and said "This is our president" and he said " Yes Mama- Santa!" Either he has funny ideas about politics or about what Santa looks like, but either way he thinks our country is being run by someone who gives presents to everyone!

1 comment:

Summer said...

How is life as a family of 4??? Hope you are adjusting well - what cute boys : )